- Today2014November 2013
Director - Community ManagementMore details to come on the R&R.
- Today2014May 2013
PartnerDe la fabrication digitale à l’art numérique
Le FabShop est à la fois une philosophie, une communauté, un lieu. Nous avons l’ambition de devenir la référence Française en fabrication assistée par ordinateur et l’ambassadeur européen de l’artisanat numérique. En plus d’être importateur de la célèbre marque d’imprimantes 3D Makerbot, et de la marque Mcor, le FabShop est à la racine de projets d’envergure qui font encouragent et supportent la créativité.
- Today2014November 2011
PresidentFrench American Chamber of Commerce, Rocky Mountain ChapterThe French-American Chamber of Commerce - Rocky Mountain Chapter (RMFACC), is an independent, non-profit, bi-national organization linking U.S. to French Business. We have a network of more than one hundred individuals and corporate members. In addition, This ochapter are part of a national network, FACC (French American Chamber of Commerce), as well as an international network, UCCIFE ("Union des Chambres de Commerce et d’Industrie Française à l’Étranger").
The French-American Chamber of Commerce - Rocky Mountain Chapter (RMFACC), is an independent, non-profit, bi-national organization linking U.S. to French Business. We have a network of more than one hundred individuals and corporate members. In addition, This ochapter are part of a national network, FACC (French American Chamber of Commerce), as well as an international network, UCCIFE ("Union des Chambres de Commerce et d’Industrie Française à l’Étranger").
My expertise in international business, marketing and social medias provides the Chamber with a new dynamism since the end of 2011. With a philanthropic approach of listening to our large and small company members' needs, I initiated several impacting programs to support the local and international exchange, like trade missions, entrepreneur presentations and networking and online community development. I have been delivering key strategic direction for this non-profit.
- TodayNovember 2013November 2012
Director of Marketing - Field Service Management DivisionTrimble’s Field Service Management Division provides visibility into field and fleet operations so businesses can streamline efficiency and increase productivity. The Field Service Management suite includes fleet management, work management and scheduling, worker safety and mobility solutions that transform the effectiveness of work, workers and assets in the field. The cloud-based portfolio allows Trimble to offer customers industry-specific, enterprise-level solutions for exceptional performance and ease of use.
- TodayNovember 2012June 2012
Director, Techno-Marketing - SketchUp3D for everyone.
Part of the M&A group that acquired this division from Google, I took the role of integration manager for the SketchUp team. Helping the team making the right connection within the group, spreading knowledge of the other Trimble divisions solutions to the SketchUp group, and evangelizing the SketchUp capabilities to other Trimble stakeholders were among some of the mission I fulfilled during this period.
Keynotes SketchUp user events to tell the Trimble story to unfamiliar audiences.
- TodayNovember 2012November 2011
- Investigate internal technologies from different groups (R&D teams, SDK...) and propose leverage in Trimble’s sector domain
- Build proof of concept with project description. Explore outside technologies and applications in UI, human interaction, experimentation, domains Trimble may not be familiar with to define potential levers within Trimble verticals and technologies
- Initiate and secure IP with patents on initial projects derived from proof of concept
- Educate Marketing and Engineering team on new and adjacent technologies
- Organize educational internal seminars on customer-driven innovation
- Seek disrupting technologies and workflow focused on customers. Identify potential disruptions that could affect the sector solution road maps. Propose mitigation strategies.
- Create technology previews for customers - test new ideas / concepts directly in the hands of the customers via time-bombed technology previews or using the “concept car” model.
- Evaluate innovation potential of new acquisitions. Provide insight into the different areas the technology applies.
- Identify and mentor innovative team members within the sector
- Drive forum for innovation on a cross-division level
- Create innovative communication to express geospatial executive company's or divisions' visions
- Create geospatial-related executive vision presentation on a yearly base.
- Represent Trimble at innovation forums, conferences with clear messaging on Trimble’s leadership position. Create, deliver and evangelize through presentations at customer facing events (trade shows, conferences, forums, user groups)
- Support student educational programs
- Run the Trimble Innovation Showroom / Museum project.
- Communicate on the Trimble New Building via blog, videos, etc.
- TodayDecember 2011January 2010
3D scanning technology sync group memberReporting to Trimble's executive council as member of a strategic initiative focused on having an effective deployment of 3D acquisition technologies (laser scanning, image based, 3D cameras) in 8 of the 36 business divisions of the company: active participating in a technology community, in software/hardware technology roadmaps; recommendations in collaborative organization, investments and partnerships.
- TodayNovember 20112008
Marketing Communications Manager, Survey DivisionDirector of the Marketing Communication group
- TodayNovember 2011November 2007
Editor in Chief, Technology&more magazineWith over 10,000 subscribers, Technolog&more is the magazine for engineers, surveyors and GIS professionals. Under my editorial leasdership, we developed international stories, increased focus on improving the productivity of the business owners who read the magazine, and created a platform for our readers to learn about innovative ways to transform their work.
I also introduced the first online versions of the magazine.
Portfolio Manager, Spatial Imaging, 3D scanningMENSI - Trimble NavigationI managed the Spatial Imaging Portfolio within the Survey Divsion of Trimble. The focus was to do market research and develop the guidelines and solutions for our current and future customers. I introduced in January 2007, the very first Spatial Station solution, dedicated to the land surveying market.
Marketing Communications ManagerMENSI (Trimble Navigation)
European Sales Manager - United Kingdom and GermanyMENSI (Acquired by Trimble Navigation in December 2003)Developed distribution network in the UK and Germany
- Université Orléans, Orleans
Polytech'OrléansLASER - Photonics / Electronics
- Abertay Dundee University, Dundee
Electronic Engineering & PhysicsB-ENG in Electronics and Electricity
Please sign up to view Omar Soubra's full profile.SIGN UP
- B2B Marketing
I'm all about innovation and making it tangible for our customers! As a visionary person, I have taken complex market information and constraints and developed the long term vision for some of the key product lines in Trimble Navigation’s Survey division, the leader in positioning solutions for land surveyors, mapping and geospatial professionals. Some of these solutions, like the Trimble VX Spatial Station and Trimble Access field software, are already in the market and providing customers with more productivity and additional business opportunities.
Recognized consistently as a “Pioneering Plant” profile in Belbin’s team role evaluation ( http://www.belbin.com), I observe, question, and "think different" by seeing new ways to solve problems or create opportunities.
I deliver keynotes at conferences on the future of technologies.
Editor in Chief of Technology&more magazine: download latest issues at http://www.trimble.com/survey_tmarc.asp
Untersuchungen von Unfällen und in der Gerichtsmedizin Am Beispiel von Trimble 30-Scannern, VDV Magazin, Germany, 01/2006
Managing data from 3-D laser scanners, CE News, 09/2005
“Think Different” attitude, Creation, Invention, Innovation, B2B Marketing, Product Launch Innovation, Management of Creative Teams, Management of International Culturally Diverse Teams, Senior Level Customer Relations, Branding, Public Relations and Public Speaking, Stage Presentations, Media Relations, Customer Experience and Touch Points, Social Media, Customer and Fan Community Management, Product Management, 3D Laser Scanning Technology and Business, Project Management