Litigation AssociateMountain View litigation firm
• Litigate and settle cases concerning breach of contract, trademark, trade secret, zoning, landlord-tenant, trust-piercing, employment and small claims disputes • Draft pleadings in Federal and State courts, including a Petition for Review in the Supreme Court of California • Draft oral arguments for the California Court of Appeals • Participate in substantial motion practice including motions for summary judgment, motions to compel, demurrers, foreign subpoena enforcement, and collections pursuant to the Hague Convention on international parties • Comply with California civil filing requirements and court protocol in Federal and State courts • Make regular court appearances in civil and criminal matters and argue at city council and administrative hearings on behalf of business clients • Meet trial deadlines and attend case management conferences • Conduct client intake interviews and initial consultations • Develop trial strategies based on client needs and consider cost advantages in determining how best to proceed with litigation • Interview witnesses and take statements in preparation for trial in addition to drafting trial briefs • Maximize office efficiency and maintain IT infrastructure • Propound and respond to discovery requests and draft ‘meet & confer’ correspondences • Negotiate settlements and draft settlement agreements for domestic and international disputes • Participate in alternative dispute resolution proceedings, both binding and nonbinding • Guest appear on local TV talk show “Law Talk” to discuss various issues including the implications of the Lacey Act on foreign imports and domestic manufacturing industries • Communicate directly with clients and attend board of directors meetings to update business clients on case developments
- TodayJanuary 2012April 2006
Regulatory Compliance ConsultantSquare F Regulatory Compliance Company
- Consulted clients as a regulatory consultant, assisted with testing and examination of various electronics for compliance with domestic and international safety regulations.
- TodayDecember 2011August 2011
Contract AttorneyEllahie & Farooqui LLP
Completed legal article for publication on Disclaimers in US Trademark Law for Omair Farooqui, Esq. Researched Trademark Applications using TESS (Trademark Electronic Search System).
- Santa Clara University School Of Law, Santa Clara
Santa Clara University School of LawJD
Achievements Dean’s List: Fall ’08, Spring ’09, Fall ’09, Spring ‘10 Pro Bono Bronze Award 2011
- TodaySeptember 2010May 2010
Certified Law ClerkSan Francisco District Attorney's Office San Francisco, CA, US
• Assist in the prosecution of misdemeanor and felony cases • Make daily court appearances for arraignments and motions • Draft letters, motions, and case summaries on behalf of the People of the State of California • Gather, prepare, index and summarize evidence and exhibits for use in trial • Conduct negations with opposing counsel • Examine witnesses and take statements for use as evidence in trial • Prepare crime scene reconstructions for use as evidence in trial • Participate in Attorney General Kamala D. Harris’ Policy Team meetings and meetings with members of the community • Prepare letters and public relations materials for high profile political figures on behalf of then District Attorney Kamala D. Harris • Received letter of recommendation from California Attorney General Kamala D. Harris (2008)
Received letter of recommendation from California Attorney General Kamala D. Harris (2008)
- TodayAugust 2009May 2009
Research Assistant for Professor Bradley JoondephSanta Clara University School of Law
Assisted with researching federal preemption cases for a ‘Legal Studies Research Paper’ entitled ‘The Political Dimensions of Federal Preemption in the Court of Appeals.’
- TodayJune 2008January 2008
InternSan Francisco District Attorney's Office
Standardized all legal forms in the various units I was assigned to and maintained highly organized filing and case management systems for ease of use and efficiency. Received letter of Recommendation from then District Attorney Kamala Harris.
- TodayJune 2007April 2007
InternCalifornia Rural Legal Assistance, Inc.
Conducted client interviews, gave initial client consultations under attorney supervision. Wrote official letters to clients regarding cases and new developments and assisted clients in filling civil court paperwork.
- University Of California, Santa Cruz, Santa Cruz
University of California, Santa CruzBachelor of Arts
Please sign up to view Mahmoud Fadli's full profile.SIGN UP