- Today2017September 2014
Group Manager, Talent Sourcing Center of Excellence* Build out "internal RPO" model based on success of previous years with expanded offshore team for online pipelining of active and passive leads and junior onshore callers handling first-contact phone screens. ;
* develop and lead company's first internal sourcing certification program for APAC region personnel ;
* continuing other key initiatives from previous four years (see below) ;
- Today2017September 2010
Manager, Talent Sourcing SWAT Lead• $2 billion global IT solutions joint venture owned by Accenture and Microsoft, formed in 2000
• develop and implement talent sourcing strategies, primarily focused on US and Canada, but some overseas as well
• engage in SWAT sourcing projects for hard-to-find IT solutions developer talent using direct sourcing, social networking and virtual communities, advanced boolean search, etc.
• build competitive intelligence collection system on intranet sharepoint site utilizing RSS feeds and ad hoc data.
• company lead for LinkedIn (inmail templates, profile optimization including multimedia and RSS feeds, and other best practices), worked with recruitment marketing lead on Work With Us ad campaigns
• investigate and recommend recruiting sites and automation tools
• training sourcing and recruiting team members worldwide on methods and tools
• special projects
- Today2017September 1997
President & FounderRecruiting-Online.com(www.recruiting-online.com), Sharon, MA / Norton, MA. President/Founder,
* Panelist and speaker at many human resources and recruiting conferences (e.g., SourceCon 2007 - 2014, LinkedIn Talent Connect 2014, AOEP 2007 - 2014, Recruiting Trends 2013, see www.recruiting-online.com/press.html for older listings).
* Research, develop, market and present ``Advanced Online Recruiting Techniques'' seminar and e-course in varied formats to associations and thousands of recruiters from hundreds of companies of all sizes and industries.
* Developed and presented Internet sourcing modules at all ``Stepping Up to Diversity'' seminars presented by Frank X. McCarthy & Associates (2002 - 2003). Corporate clients include Harvard U., Merck, etc.
* Frequently published writer on online recruiting techniques (see www.recruiting-online.com/press.html for archive). ;
- TodaySeptember 2010September 2008
Vice President, ArbitaArbitaArbita (www.arbita.net), Minneapolis, MN. Vice President, Arbita Consulting & Education Services (ACES),
* Joined Shally Steckerl's JobMachine Inc. prior to its merger with Arbita.
* Lead sourcer / recruiter training and consulting programs for dozens of companies to help build passive talent communities and candidate pipelines through advanced boolean search, Internet and phone sourcing, social recruiting methods, etc.
* Develop new sourcing- and social recruiting-related products and services, such as the Recruiter GuruGuides e-commerce educational product series (formerly JobMachine CheatSheets) for search engines and social networks
* Run needs assessments with large and small corporate recruiting departments and third-party search firms to help customize and sell in consulting and training offerings.
* Present wide range of profitable customized sourcing and recruiting workshops to dozens of clients, focusing on: Internet and phone sourcing, social media and online communities for sourcing and branding, email campaigns, tools and automation, search engine optimization (SEO) and marketing (SEM) for recruiting, etc.
* Develop real-time online testing and follow-up exercise materials to insure learning was absorbed.
* Present consistently highly-attended/rated recruiting workshops and webinars at various major conferences and regional recruiting associations such as ERE, Kennedy, RCE, AOEP, SMAGC, NAPS chapters, etc.
* Create and market profitable webinar series co-presented by internal and external recruiting industry experts, in addition to highly-attended free webinar series for Arbita customers. ;
- TodaySeptember 2008July 2005Microsoft (www.microsoft.com), Redmond, WA / Waltham, MA. Recruiting Researcher, Global Central Sourcing Team,
* Used wide array of online resources, software and web-enabled tools, and innovative Internet search techniques to find highly-skilled passive leads who meet specific software development candidate profiles.
* Consulted with management on systematic improvements to sourcing processes.
* Worked cooperatively with peers on creating and implementing industry best practice sourcing methodologies.
* Conducted internal sourcing training series for recruiting teams globally; content posted to intranet remains highly used.
* Ran niche software developer sourcing for Microsoft's six primary international development centers and recruiting competitive intelligence for the key companies, universities, communities, awards, etc., in the related geographies. ;
- TodayAugust 2008July 2005
- TodayJuly 2005June 2003
Lead Sourcer & Recruiter Trainer+5000 employeesLead Sourcer, Recruiter Trainer & Career Webmaster,
* Led the sourcing effort for US recruiting team to find passive candidates for senior-level and other hard-to-fill job openings.
* Developed new content and functionality, redesigned and maintained US career website, to reflect industry best practices.
* Served as lead trainer of advanced Internet recruiting techniques for the department.
* Instituted innovative internal and external e-marketing efforts for recruiting purposes.
* Demoed, evaluated and recommended for purchase third-party tools to improve recruiting and productivity.
* Served as first-line liaison on applicant tracking system (ATS) problems; developed functionality specifications for enhancements.
* Researched and adapted best-in-class methodology for employment branding online. ;
- Yale University, New Haven
Yale UniversityBachelor of Arts
B.A., cum laude, Psychology/Organizational Behavior,
* Contributions directly tied to department's two nominations as finalist in ERE.net's Excellence Awards: "Most Innovative Recruiting Process or Structure" (for our in-house executive search function) and "Most Strategic Use of Technology" (for development and effective use of our website/ATS/other interactive e-communications), 2005. ;
- Yale University, New Haven, Ct
Undergraduate CollegeB.A. Psychology / Organizational Behavior
Heavily involved in sales, promotions, fundraising and on-air broadcasting at WYBC-FM/AM, Yale Broadcasting Company
Please sign up to view Glenn Gutmacher's full profile.SIGN UP
- Talent Search
- Talent Pipelining
- Social networking
- TALENT ACQUISITION
- Technical and general management
- Onshore Oil & Gas
- Offshore Oil & Gas
- Joint Venture
- Human resources
- FREELANCE EXPERIENCE
- TIME EXPERIENCE
Helping develop talent sourcing strategies for the $2 billion joint venture of Accenture and Microsoft, founded in 2000. Check out the latest career opportunities at www.avanade-jobs.com
Pioneer in Internet sourcing / recruiting research techniques. See www.recruiting-online.com/glennbio.html for more details.