Senior Systems & Software EngineerNRG Energy, Inc.
DeveloperDiverse Networks, Inc.• Created Excel 2003 VB Application and SQL Stored Procedures to upload data for over fifty separate types of equipment into BP eProjects database. (Excel VBA 2003, SQL 2000 T-SQL)
• Authored new and modified existing SQL Stored Procedures. (SQL 2000 T-SQL)
• Maintained Microsoft Visual SourceSafe 6.0 database.
Applications Analyst / Developer II (last)Halliburton Company• Enhanced and maintained authorization Website for the global Cognos Planning, Budgeting, and Forecasting system. (C# / ASP.NET, IIS, PL/SQL, Cognos 7, Windows 2003)
• Enhanced and maintained reports Website for the global Accounts Payable Automation system. (T-SQL)
• Upgraded Cognos and Accounts Payable Websites from Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 to 2.0.
• Implemented, supported, and made functional enhancements to the global Accounts Payable Automation system. (VB 6.0, SERdistiller 3.0, Citrix MetaFrame)
• Authored and implemented a set of security policies, processes, and procedures for the Visual SourceSafe system.
• Performed LoadRunner testing on Hyperion and other systems. (Sun Solaris 10)
• Deployed and maintained the TOWER Software TRIM Context 6 document control system in Houston and Aberdeen locations.
• Installed and maintained various client-server applications for Halliburton Treasury, Communications, and Legal Departments. (WebLogic, Apache Tomcat)
•Maintained servers and applications for Halliburton Shared Services business unit. (Windows 2000 / NT 4.0)
• Maintained Citrix MetaFrame servers for Halliburton Energy Services Finance Department.
• Provided full range of IT support functions to members of the Brown & Root Energy Services Kizomba FEED Project including Web development, desktop support, and software maintenance.
• Developed and maintained searchable database of technical tips, call-flow templates, and workflows. (Microsoft Index Server, IIS 4.0, Windows NT 4.0)
• Resolved outstanding helpdesk trouble tickets for the Problem Management Team. (Peregrine ServiceCenter)
• Authored and verified technical tips and call-flow templates for IBM Helpdesk and Halliburton Desktop Support.
• Assisted the production of the first worldwide Webcast for the Halliburton Energy Services Group.
• Provided desktop support for Halliburton executives.
- Texas A&M University, College Station
Mays College of BusinessInformation and Operations Management - MIS
Please sign up to view David Young's full profile.SIGN UP
- Information Technology
Thirteen years' experience as an information technology generalist with various Fortune 500 companies. Expertise includes systems architecture, Web, database, and application development, application support, and customer relations. Expert in leading and contributing to projects designed to enhance system functionality and end-user productivity. Recognized for capacity to tackle challenging issues, analyze viable alternatives, and provide innovative solutions that reside well within clients' financial and time frameworks. Persistence, personal integrity, and channeled energies are major strengths consistently cited by managers and clients alike—universally praising team spirit, independent work habits, and the determination to conquer technical challenges. A resourceful, life-long learner, embracing knowledge as a tool for improved problem-solving effectiveness.
Application design and development, database design and development, server architecture
• Operating Systems: Microsoft Windows NT4/2000/XP/2003/Vista, Sun Solaris 10
• RDBMS: Microsoft SQL Server 7.0/2000/2005, Oracle Database 10g
• Utilities: Microsoft Visual SourceSafe 6.0/2005, IIS 6.0, Quest TOAD 9.0, Citrix MetaFrame Server, Mercury LoadRunner