Sr. Data Systems EngineerGenentech, Inc.- Gathered requirements, designed and built an automated system used to collect, monitor and report processes parameters, performance indicators and quality attributes from biopharmaceutical manufacturing process steps
- Integrated Sartorius SCADA software into Cell Culture Lab for controlling/ monitoring 36 bioreactors
- Maintained department software toolset used to extracted and report data from historian/relational databases
- Assisted staff in collecting data from corporate databases for reporting and statistical analysis
- Led Data Technical Team chartered to standardize company approaches to data analysis/process monitoring
- Evaluated and recommended commercial software used to monitor and report manufacturing process activity
PI AdministratorCalifornia ISO- Developed and implemented metrics to analyze generator performance
- Designed displays and calculations allowing Operations staff to monitor the Western US power grid
- Developed ISO enterprise guidelines to assist users with data retrieval and presentation
- Presented papers at 7 major user conferences with audiences of more than 125 people
- Maintained 24x7 system reliability with 100% system uptime for 2004
- Led the Plant Information (PI) system installation during the Ranger EMS project implementation
- Master of Business Administration (MBA), Computer Systems
Database Specialist/EngineerGenentech, Inc.- Led the effort to create and maintain an infrastructure to provide plant data to user groups
- Designed and installed an Oracle database to gather and distribute batch data
- Created a user web site to aid in the distribution of plant knowledge
- Led a project team in rolling out an employee recognition program for Genentech’s production site
- Administered a Windows domain in support of providing secure access to PI Data
- Taught multiple classes on the PI client tools providing users the ability to retrieve PI information
- Performed two complex Control Qualification (CQ) tests for validated computer systems
Systems Application EngineerThe Roberts Companies- Trouble shot problems that arose on the PI server and PI client software.
- Maintained plant reports and manual input sheets used daily to efficiently run the refinery.
- Served as the first point of contact, “Help Desk,” for the users of PI at the refinery.
- Bachelor of Science Chemical Engineering
Please sign up to view Craig William Taylor's full profile.SIGN UP
Over the course of his career in data systems management and engineering, Craig William Taylor has taken part in professional conferences in California and elsewhere. As a Senior Data Systems Engineer at Genentech, Inc. in Vacaville, California, Craig William Taylor recently presented a poster detailing a Flexible Toolset for Process Monitoring and Analysis at the IBC Life Science's 4th International Biopharmaceutical Manufacturing and Development Summit. In his work at Genentech, Inc., Craig William Taylor frequently speaks at internal seminars, with poster presentations at the Global Automation Roundtable, the Biochemical Best Practices Forum, and the Engineering Technical Seminar. A longtime member of the American Institute of Chemical Engineers (AIChE), Craig William Taylor delivered a presentation on Process Monitoring Data Systems and Analysis at the University of California, Davis AIChE Chapter in 2007.
Holding an M.B.A. and B.S. in Chemical Engineering from UC Davis, Craig William Taylor maintains a commitment to furthering his education through a wide range of professional organizations and universities, including the Project Management Institute, the University of Minnesota, and the International Society of Automation (ISA) Training Institute. As a result of his dedication and performance at Genentech, Inc., Craig William Taylor has received the Genentech Recognition Award for Significant Contribution to the Business in 1999, 2000, 2001, and 2007. Based in Vacaville, Craig William Taylor has worked for various companies in Northern California over the years, California ISO and Roberts Technical Services among them, and brings more than 10 years of relevant experience to his role at Genentech, Inc.