DirectorA.T. Kearney, Inc
- TodayJune 2007January 2006
Sr. ManagerA.T. Kearney, Inc• Lead category sourcing for Construction Architecture & Engineering design services for a government client
• Improved client’s design & construction Project Management process
• Standardized key processes, measured and achieved significant TCO savings for the client
• Shared knowledge across other project teams, and presented on TCO and LCC to a non-U.S. federal government.
• Let PC Hardware category for Government client resulting in 30% savings
• On site manager responsible for a cost reduction initiative which targeted the nationwide print and promotional spend for a global Pharmaceutical corporation. Initiative resulted in 11% savings.
• Led sourcing and supply management restructuring project for the direct material procurement department of an automotive OEM. Activities included traditional sourcing, e-sourcing, total cost modeling, and supplier relationship improvements.
• Managed 3 category / client teams (Machined Parts, Fiber Gaskets, and Steel Pulleys) resulting in 15% annual savings and strategic alliances with major Tier 1 suppliers.
• Experience with procurement organization changes at an engine manufacture, including strategic sourcing and negotiation training, adoption of e-sourcing tools, and category management process improvements.
• Performed a comprehensive assessment of procurement information systems for a major agricultural equipment OEM, identifying inefficiencies in their global steel purchasing program
- TodayDecember 2005March 2004
ManagerA.T. Kearney, Inc
- Loyola University Of Chicago, Chicago
Loyola University of ChicagoMaster of Business Administration
- TodayNovember 2002July 2000
Market MakerFreeMarkets / Ariba
- Arizona State University, Tempe
Arizona State UniversityBachelor of Science
Please sign up to view Chris Windfelder's full profile.SIGN UP
An experienced transformation and strategy consultant, Chris Windfelder has focused his work on supply chains. Professionally, he is known for his ability to implement a range of critical client-driven initiatives. He has worked with many major clients in industries including defense, health care, pharmaceuticals, consumer goods, and automobiles. Chris Windfelder has led several teams, helping employees perform to the best of their abilities while also sticking closely to deadlines and personal goals.
Since March 2004, Chris Windfelder has served in a variety of capacities at A.T. Kearney, Inc. in Chicago and internationally. He began his career with A.T. Kearney, Inc. as a Manager. After a year in that position, Chris Windfelder earned a promotion to Senior Manager. Working as Senior Manager, he led category sourcing for a major government client, improved the client's project management system, and standardized a number of key processes. He also provided leadership for three category/client teams, increasing annual savings and developing a range of partnerships with major suppliers. In June 2007, Chris Windfelder was promoted again, this time to his current job of Director, a position in which he has handled clients in both Chicago and Johannesburg, South Africa.
Chris Windfelder holds a Bachelor of Science in Economics and Communication from Arizona State University as well as a Master of Business Administration from Loyola University in Chicago. As an undergraduate, Chris Windfelder frequently earned positions on the Dean's list in recognition of his academic excellence.
Mr. Windfelder belongs to a number of professional and leisure organizations, including the Institute of Supply Management, Sourcing Interest Group, and the Chicago Sailing Club. He supports the Red Cross and contributes his time to the Wicker Park/Bucktown Chamber of Commerce. He also enjoys reading and tennis.