Press SecretaryEmbassy of the Republic of ZambiaResponsibilities
* Official spokesperson for the Embassy of the Republic of Zambia in Washington DC also accredited on non residential basis to Mexico, Haiti, Dominican Republic, Honduras, Belize, Nicaragua, El Salvador, Panama, Costa Rica, Guatamala, the World Bank and the IMF.
* Staying abreast of the news relevant to Zambia and the host country.
* Prepare Press Releases for the Embassy for local and foreign media.
* Ananlyze, review and prepare news and information that is relevant to Zambia for the Ambassador's attention.
* Responsible for maintaining a positive and consistent public image for Zambia.
^ Respond to inquiries from media sources or members of the public about Zambia.
* Production and publication of the Embassy News-letter
* maintenance and supervision of the Embassy Website.
* Attending to meetings and conferences of economic, political and cultural nature.
* 1996 - Voted Financial Journalist Of the Year by the Press Association of Zambia (PAZA)
* 2000 Attended a USA International Visitor Programme on "Television Broadcasting in the USA"
* 2006 Attended a "Planning and Management" Course at the British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC) at Bush House in London
* 2010 - Recognized by Cambridge's "Who is Who" for demonstrating dedication, excellence and leadership in
Please sign up to view Ben Kangwa's full profile.SIGN UP
- Public relations
- Production Management
- Excellent skills
I am Deputy Chief of Mission (DCM) at the Embassy of the Republic of Zambia in Washington DC.
Prior to working as (DCM), I was Press Secretary at the same mission in Washington DC, having been employed employed by the Zambia National Broadcasting Corporation (ZNBC) as Director of Programs in charge of Radio, Television, News and Transcription Service. I have also worked as Controller-TV, Program Manager for both Radio Two (Current Affairs station and later set up Radio Four (Commercial Radio) in the same capacity. I have gone through the mill as Senior Producer (Radio), Producer (both Radio and Television) also having been a front person on Radio and Television as News Anchor and Presenter. I have vast experience spanning over 25 years as a broadcaster and print journalist specializing in business, financial and political reporting.
I have extensive knowledge in programme production, having produced over eight thousand hours of both radio and television . I also have solid skills in co-production management, marketing and advertising and public relations
Additionally, I have strong international links with major media companies including the British Broadcast Corporation (BBC) – Africa Service, Independent Television News (ITN), Radio France International (RFI), South African Broadcasting Corporation (SABC), Voice of America (VOA), Radio Netherlands Training Centre (RNTC), African Barter Networks (ABN) and BEN-TV in the United Kingdom and People-TV based in Mali whose Headquarters is in France.
Highly respected within the Zambian community, I am a “Chevening” scholar , an initiative of the Foreign and Commonwealth Office of the British Government with a Masters degree in Journalism from the University of Wales - Cardiff School of Journalism, Media and Cultural Studies.
I hold Diplomas from Evelyn Hone College and Kalmar University in Sweden respectively in Journalism and Public Relations as well as Mass Communication .
Lastly, I have also been recognized by the Cambridge Who’s Who for demonstrating dedication, leadership and excellence in his career.